Recreation Program Assistant
Terms of Employment
- Temporary Full-time. Provides coverage Monday to Friday;
- Time Limited Contract (9 weeks) – Must be available to start work July 2, 2019
- Salary: $14.00 hourly
Anticipated Start: July 2, 2019 - August 30, 2019
The successful candidate will be involved with developing, implementing and facilitating summer and recreation programming for persons with disabilities in Thunder Bay. You will work within a team of staff to plan and implement our recreation programming. The programming is intended to be eclectic and diverse, including fine arts, crafting, music, culinary, and will promote active living in the Thunder Bay community. Our programs are intended to encourage participation and self-determination while building confidence in each participant, and inspire individual strengths and talents.
- Friendly, outgoing and personable
- Demonstrated creativity and abilty to teach and share with others
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Able to provide genuinely friendly customer service
- Work well as part of a team
Eligibility - Who Can Apply:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
How to Apply:
To the attention of: Tom Pugliese, Executive Director
Submit a cover letter with your resume. Your cover letter will demonstrate your creativity and ability to communicate effectively.
Direct email: email@example.com
Drop off in person:
Independent Living Resource Centre Thunder Bay
212 Miles Street East, Suite 103
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7C 1J6
Interviews: Will be booked in June. Only successful applicants will be contacted