Program Facilitator - Employment Outreach
Job Title: Program Facilitator – Employment and Outreach
- Permanent 1 x FTE, 35 hours/week – Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm
- Use of a personal vehicle for work is required (mileage reimbursed @.50/km)
Anticipated Start: Immediate
Salary Range: $17.25 - $18.75
The Independent Living Resource Centre Thunder Bay is seeking a genuine, positive and passionate person to work on our Employment Program Team within our Employment Programs. Dividing your time across our Focusing Access on Skills and Training (FAST) for Employment Program and our workES (ODSP Employment Supports) Programs, you will be instrumental in helping participants reach their employment goals by creating and fostering position relationships and partnerships with community employers, training providers and other service providers through ongoing outreach and direct community contact. Our employment programs ultimately provide comprehensive services that enhance the ability of eligible persons with disabilities to access various training and skill development and become successfully employed.
You will provide various supports to employers, partners and program participants alike. You will take a lead with marketing the programs to employers and new participants in the community through a developed outreach strategy. You will be instrumental in marketing program participants to prospective employers while building effective and ongoing meaningful partnerships with employers. You will work in collaboration with our Employment Facilitators to ensure the best possible service and outcomes are achievable by program participants.
- Passionate to find solutions that remove barriers for persons with disabilities
- Ability to be proactive and receptive while formulating and delivering a community outreach strategy to employers and partners
- Ability to be patient and understanding with individuals who require various degrees of program support
- Ability to implement positive, results-based research and problem solving techniques
- Understanding existing barriers of providing effective employment services and how to best overcome them
- Proficient with the effective use of technology to streamline processes
- Proven organizational skills with an ability to communicate effectively with a genuine and down to earth approach
Education and Experience:
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Experience is not required, but an demonstrated ambition to gain experience is
- All program specific training will be provided
How to Apply:
Submit a specific cover letter to this posting along with your resume.
Your application will not be considered without a cover letter.
Your cover letter will demonstrate your creativity and ability to communicate effectively.
To the attention: Tom Pugliese, Executive Director
Email directly to: email@example.com
Drop off in person:
Independent Living Resource Centre Thunder Bay
212 Miles Street East, Suite 103
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7C 1J6\
Applications: Accepted ongoing
Interviews: Will be booked directly with successful applicants only