Free Computer Access
Every Monday from 1pm - 3pm
We are committed to ensuring accessible access to computers, the internet and/or free wifi to any centre participant.
ILRC staff will be available if you require basic assistance with accessing the internet. Outside of this time, participants are welcome to set up an appointment to use our computers, but staff will not be available to assist you.
If you have your own wireless device - bring it with you! ILRC staff can provide you with our free wifi access.
ILRC Computer and Internet Access Guidelines:
We maintain computers that can be accessed by our participants to provide an enriching experience for those with limited or no access to this type of resource. Access to this resource promotes education, literacy and recreation.
The ILRC does not monitor and has no control over the information accessed through the Internet, and cannot be held responsible for Internet content. Not all Internet sources provide accurate, complete, age appropriate or current information. It is the user’s responsibility to question the validity of any information.
The ILRC enables Internet access to adults who make their own choices. Some may find material on the Internet objectionable. As with any resource, it is the sole responsibility of the user and/or their support staff to provide guidance in its use to any adult that attends the ILRC. Any restrictions to accessing the Internet is the responsibility of the user or thier support staff - not the ILRC or its Staff.
Acceaptable Use Policies:
All users of ILRC Computers and Internet are expected to use these resources in a responsible manner which includes:
- You will not undertake any illegal or unethical acivity
- You will not intentionally damage any of the ILRC equipment
- You will respect the privacy of others using our computers and not interfere with their use
- You will be solely responsible for all of your own actions when using our computers or Internet
Violations of these policies may result in the following:
- You may be asked to discontinue using our computers and/or Internet
- You may be trespassed from the ILRC
- You may be subject to legal prosecution if violation is illegal and/or held financially accountable if violation is civil.
No person under the age of 16 may access our computers for any reason at any time.